Membership Benefits - Print out this form to join today!
- a members-only email list called Windsock that informs members of upcoming events, emergency library closures and other important items
- ten regular meetings each year with presentations to help learn about or carry out your family history research
- start on the right foot by learning the basics; get involved with the Beginners SIG (special interest group)
- ten The Breeze newsletters per year, keeping members informed of upcoming local and other events across Alberta
- four issues of Chinook per year; news items and articles of interest to family historians
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs) to help researchers in specific areas whether your special interest is computers, or locales such as England, Ireland, Maritimes, Scotland - even Metis research
- special events such as our FamilyRoots seminars, and other periodic seminars with visiting experts
- a free lending library of books, reference materials and an invaluable collection of genealogical journals from across Canada and abroad
- free publication of specific research queries in Chinook
- free publication of your surname interests in Chinook and also on the AFHS website
- free publication of your business ad on the Local genealogical services page of the website
- permission to use AFHS Member graphic (see below) on your website
- opportunities to get involved in Society activities, to share and learn
- opportunities to meet other local members with the same research interests
- opportunities to gain from the research of others and also share information on one's own research
- opportunities to gain new friends and have some darn good fun!
Don't miss any benefits or opportunities. Download an application form and join today!
- $35 - Individual ($40 after 31 Aug 2014)
- $35 - Family ($50 after 31 Aug 2014)
- $35 - Senior (65+ individual) ($40 after 31 Aug 2014)
- $35 - Senior (one family member 65+) ($50 after 31 Aug 2014)
- $50 - Institutional ($60 after 31 Aug 2014)
USA members: Please pay in $US. Memberships due September 1 each year.
Queries and Research
The following options exist to communicate research interests with Calgary family historians.
- You may subscribe to the free Calgary family history mailing list.
- The Society does not conduct extended or exploratory research but the names of specifically qualified genealogical researchers upon request. See also Members' Services for a list.
- Requests for research assistance may be made to our volunteers, generally for a small fee.
- Specific queries for publicationcan be sent to
See Contacts for a full listing of e-mail contacts to our board members, key volunteers, and Special Interest Groups (SIGS) that focus on specific geographic or technical areas.
If you would like to provide a graphic link to our website we'd be most pleased. Feel free to use this image. Please save it to your own hard drive/server and don't simply link back to our copy. This will save stress on our server. Thank you!