The Alberta Family Histories Society is a non-profit organization formed in 1980 to promote and encourage an interest in family history research. We are located in Calgary, Alberta Canada.
On these pages we highlight the events and resources, tips and volunteers along with many other topics that make our society great!
Membership Benefits – Join today!
1. Ten regular meetings each year with presentations to help learn about or carry out your family history research
2. Ten beginner sessions each year to augment the main presentations; equally popular with beginners and seniors alike
3. Ten Breeze newsletters per year, keeping members informed of upcoming local and other events across the Alberta
4. Four issues of the award winning “Chinook” publication per year; news items and articles of interest to family historians
5. Special Interest Groups (SIGs) to help researchers in specific areas whether your special interest is computers or locales such as England, Ireland, Maritimes, Scotland – even Metis
6. Special events such as our FamilyRoots seminars, and other periodic seminars with visiting experts
7. A free lending library of books, reference materials and an invaluable collection of genealogical journals from across Canada and abroad
8. Free publication of specific research queries in Chinook
9. Free publication of your surname interests in Chinook and also on the AFHS website
10. Permission to use AFHS Member graphic on your website
11. Opportunities to get involved in Society activities, to share and learn
12. Opportunities to meet other local members with the same research interests
13. Opportunities to gain from the research of others and also share information on one’s own research
14. Opportunities to gain new friends and have some good fun!
Don’t miss any benefits or opportunities. Download an application form and join today!
This blog is an adjunct of our main Alberta Family Histories Web pages which can be found here. The AFHS blog, Twitter and Facebook profiles are maintained by Joan Miller, a member of the Public Relations team of the Alberta Family Histories Society. If you have a suggestion or comment please contact us here.