We received the following press release from the Illinois State Genealogical Society announcing their brand new website.
For Immediate Release
January 15, 2010
Illinois State Genealogical Society Unveils New Website
New Design Features Illinois Resources for Genealogy Researchers
January 15, 2011 – Springfield, IL. The Illinois State Genealogical Society (ISGS) announces the debut of its newly redesigned website available to the public on Saturday, January 15, 2011.
Located at http://www.ilgensoc.org, the new ISGS website features links to ISGS projects as well as links to other records and resources throughout Illinois including those individual genealogical home pages with an Illinois connection!
Visitors are invited to explore the new ISGS website and enjoy these features:
· The current issue of the ISGS Newsletter and archived copies back to 2008
· Listings of ISGS events and events for Illinois genealogical societies
· Highlights of various ISGS projects and initiatives
· Free databases filled with information on Illinois ancestors
· A list of Illinois research resources
New Members Section
One of the new features of the ISGS website is a members-only section which will be populated with access to Illinois-related databases for those researchers with Prairie State ancestors. Over the course of the next few months, additional members-only databases will be added.
Stop By and Visit ISGS!
ISGS encourages everyone – ISGS members and the public – to stop by and explore. In addition, visitors are encouraged to leave their feedback with the ISGS webmaster at email@example.com.
About Illinois State Genealogical Society
The Illinois State Genealogical Society (ISGS) was organized in October of the Illinois Sesquicentennial Year, 1968, and is a non-profit, educational organization. ISGS was established for the following purposes:
· To stimulate an interest in the people who contributed to the establishment and development of the State of Illinois.
· To seek, preserve, and make available data pertaining to individuals, families, and groups who lived in Illinois and to events which took place therein.
· To inform people of the value of, and need for, preserving family and local history for posterity.
· To encourage the formation of local genealogical societies and to coordinate and disseminate information.
The ISGS genealogical collection is located in the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library in Springfield and an administrative office is maintained in the Illinois State Archives. For more information visit http://www.ilgensoc.org.
Contact: Illinois State Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 10195
Springfield, IL 62791-0195
+1 (217) 789-1968