Alberta Family Histories Society Fall Seminar
This event is now over, and a good time was had by all. See you at the next one!
Date: 15 November 2014
Time: 12:30 - 5:00 p.m.
Venue: River Park Church, 3818 - 14A Street SW (map)
(same location as our monthly meetings)
Featured Speaker: John Althouse
Several members have requested that we host John for an event and we are pleased to accommodate. John will be speaking on the following topics:
- But I'm Not a Writer! You can and must write your family history.
- Weaving the Tapestry: Combining the elements to write a family history of a Ukrainian Canadian Family
Other guest speakers include:
- Marion Peterson, Ontario SIG: Five Tips for Researching Your Roots in Ontario
- Ann Williams, English/Welsh SIG: Unraveling the Families of Blodwen Lloyd of Flintshire, Wales, and Hannah Street of Surrey, England
- Lois Sparling, Celtic SIG: Finding Places of Origin in Ireland
Cost: $20 for members, $40 for non-members (which also gets you a one-year membership). For more on membership benefits, please see this page.
Yes, you will be able to register at the door!
To register: Download this form and submit it to to us with your cheque, cash or money order.
Spend the day with Dave Obee! A most excellent seminar on genealogy in Canada. April 2014.
New Horizons in Genealogy, presented by Dick Eastman, Lyn Meehan, Thomas MacEntee and others. Topics included social media, organization and "Squeezing Records Until they Talk." October 2010.
Forensic Genealogy, presented by Colleen Fitzpatrick, Ph.D., May 2010.
Dr. Fitzpatrick is widely renowned for her innovative forensic approach to genealogical research.
Christopher Watts, a series of lectures, May 2008. Mr. Watts is a lecturer and writer of numerous articles and books. He has been on staff at the National Archives of the UK since 1997.