We are looking for volunteers to help index the articles so that we can add a search function to this page. If you would like to help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Chinook Arch is our 8-page newsletter which is distributed a few days before each Monthly Meeting. To receive this newsletter by email, contact email@example.com
We are looking for short articles to publish in Chinook Arch. Favourite relatives, fond family memories, great research tips and tricks, new genealogy technology you love, or any related topics are accepted. Our submission guidelines are available here For more information or to make a submission, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To download the latest issue, click here.
Alberta Family History Society members have created over 40 years of publications, which are available below. Articles can be searched by keyword, author, surname, and location.
This is a simple, basic search function. For best results:
- Use as few words as possible. For example, search for “Calgary” instead of “Calgary, Alberta”.
- Try different words for the same concept. For example, try “DNA” instead of “genetic genealogy”, or “&” instead of “and”.
- For abbreviations, do not use periods between the letters. For example, use AFHS, DNA, USA, UK, and WW I and WW II for the World Wars.
- Try alternatives for the same location. For example, try “Britain” instead of “England” or the “United Kingdom”.
- A keyword search will produce the largest set of results. To reduce the number, try searching in another field, or changing your word order.
Please note! Publication indexing is still in progress, but we are sharing what information we have to date. Please check back later if you do not find what you were looking for with your first search.
|Article Title||Author||Publication Type||Year||Volume||Issue|
Your search - - did not match any items.
- Make Sure All Words Are Spelled Correctly.
- Try Different Or More General Keywords.
Members can access back issues of our award-winning journal, Chinook (1993 – 2019)
Members can access back issues of our first journal, Quarterly (1980 – 1993).