Becoming a volunteer with AFHS after moving to Calgary has helped me meet new people. Being editor of the Chinook Arch newsletter has sharpened my editing and writing skills. I also enjoy volunteering at the AFHS Library. Being able to help other people learn more about their family is very rewarding!
Opportunities to contribute include:
- Indexing and preserving local historical records
- Assisting members find resources as a volunteer librarian
- Sharing your knowledge by speaking at our monthly meetings or leading the discussion at a special interest group
- Collaborating on the Board of Directors to ensure the continued success of AFHS
- Raising funds for the Society by working as a volunteer at a casino
- Planning our bi-annual genealogy conference
Become involved! Make life-long friends!
Current Specific Needs
Indexing of Past Issues of our Journal
There are many great articles in our Society’s publications. We are in the process of indexing the past issues of Chinook and The Quarterly. If you could help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org