After moving halfway across the country, AFHS provided my husband and I with a new community of friends with a common interest in family history. The resource library is fabulous and has provided us with many nuggets of information.
Family history can be a challenging hobby, and Alberta Family Histories Society has resources to help you! Check out these opportunities to learn and connect with us:
- We have a library located in Calgary with over 12,000 items and keen volunteers who would love to help you! See our Library page for details.
- We have several small groups called “Special Interest Groups” that hold meetings with a focus on a particular geographic area or genealogy topic. These groups are one of our best resources! Check our SIG page for more information.
- We publish a newsletter ten times a year that includes short articles and timely items of interest. This is also a wonderful way to share your stories, so submit yours to our editor. Read more on our Publications page.
- We have excellent presentations at our Society and SIG meetings. Members can access handouts, notes and videos from past presentations on the Our Meeting Archives page.
- Over the years, our volunteers have collected lots of data about Calgary and area. Read more on our Data Projects page.
- The best resource of all – our members! Let us know how we can help you, and we will do our best to connect you with the expertise which can be found among our members. Check our calendar for upcoming event information to connect with us.
Our library offers over 12,000 items and access to ancestry.com.
Our newsletter and previous journals have many helpful articles.
Our Meeting Archives
Members have access to videos and handouts from previous meetings.